Melbourne Autos Terms And Conditions
- Please note postage costs are to most mainland UK addresses, contact us for postage to Isles, Highlands or elsewhere.
- The parts we sell are from auto-salvage and secondhand cars and, as such, these parts will sometimes have small marks on them from everyday use ie: stone chips. These minor blemishes will not be pointed out but any marks we consider significant will always be listed in the description. We will endeavour to supply the exact part you require but due to variations in manufacture we cannot guarantee parts are correct for the purpose required. It is the customers responsibility to make sure that the parts bought are for their particular vehicle, however, if we are notified within 72 hours of purchase for any incorrectly fitting part we will attempt to replace it for another part in similar condition.
- We will exchange or refund faulty parts with the exception of electrical goods which will only be exchanged. Please check goods on receipt and do not sign for if damaged. Faulty/damaged goods must be notified within 24 hours of receipt otherwise no refund will be given. Parts supplied correctly but not needed will only be partially refunded due to the labour costs involved. Refunds/replacements are for parts only carriage charges are not included therefore are non refundable.
- 30 day warranty covers the replacement/refund of parts only, runs from the date of purchase, is void without proof of purchase and does not cover labour costs. We do not accept responsibility for damage to the said part or any vehicle to which it is fitted or to any impaired performance caused by improper fitment or subsequent damage caused by lack of maintenance or for the loss of use of a vehicle whilst the part is being returned/exchanged. We do not assume responsibility for towing charges, lay-up time, losses due to down time, vehicle rental, inconvenience, telephone costs or accommodation.
- All warranty installations must be carried out by a certified/reputable fitter as improper installation will void this warranty and all claims must be presented within the timescale stated for the warranty to be valid.
- Any item or invoice marked ‘Sold as Seen’ will invalidate this warranty. All implied warranties are limited to the terms, any consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty. This warranty is not transferable and does not cover damage to parts that are used in connection with any vehicle racing, damage/accident caused by misuse, improper fitment, continued use or neglect and is void if the part is dismantled or tampered with.
- Please note all items sold are drained of fluids/oils.
- Engines are sold complete less ancillaries and when replaced must be fitted with new timing belt, auxiliary belts, oil, filters and spark plugs. Warranty excludes timing belts, auxiliary belts, gaskets, seals/oil leaks and engine accessories ie: water pump, fuel pump, carburettor, distributor, thermostat etc.
- If previous overheating has been experienced a new/reconditioned radiator must be fitted when the engine is replaced.
- Proper oil and coolant levels must be maintained at all times for warranty to be valid. If Heat Tabs have been melted, tampered with, damaged, or are missing then warranty will be deemed void.
- Engines are warranted against cracked blocks, excessive smoking, bad cam or crankshafts and to be in good running order unless otherwise stated. Cylinder heads are warranted against cracks only.
- Title to the goods shall remain with the Vendor until the full purchase price has been paid.
- These terms and conditions of sale are not intended to restrict or exclude any legal rights bestowed or implied by Law or a consumers statutory rights under the ‘Sale of Goods Act’ 1979 or ‘The Unfair Contract Act’ 1977 or any amendment thereof.
- You agree to grant ‘Melbourne Autos’ lien over any item stored at our premises. Lien refers to our right to retain property until any debt or other obligation is discharged. The lien is immediately released when your account is settled in full
- If you fail to make any payment due to Melbourne Autos by the due date, without limiting any other remedy we may have, under these Terms of Business
- You shall pay interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% per annum above the Bank of England’s base rate.
Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment.
- You shall pay the interest together with the overdue amount.
- In the event that you have failed to make payment within 28 days from the date that the sums fall due, Melbourne Autos may, at Melbourne Autos discretion, remove the item from the secured storage facility and place it at any other location on the premises, whether protected from the elements or otherwise.
- Melbourne Autos may refuse to or grant access to the item to you unless all storage charges accrued due and other such sums have been paid in full. Melbourne Autos may at any time require you to remove any item upon 28 days’ notice in writing. If you fail to remove the item from the custody or control of Melbourne Autos by the due time (notice in accordance with these Terms of Business having been given) Melbourne Autos reserves the right to dispose of the item in accordance with these Terms of Business. Further to the rights granted in the preceding paragraphs.
- If you fail to pay any outstanding sums due to Melbourne Autos (including but not limited to any unpaid storage charges and/or interest due on any overdue payment) Melbourne Autos may, without prejudice to its other rights and remedies, issue you with a final notice for payment of outstanding sums due, together with notification that in the event of your continued failure to settle any outstanding sums within 28 days of receipt of such final notice, Melbourne Autos may sell your item.
- In the event that Melbourne Autos proceeds with the sale of your item the proceeds of sale shall be used to cover the unpaid debt (including any costs incurred in the sale of the item and costs of enforcement). After all outstanding sums due to Melbourne Autos have been settled, any surplus proceeds of the sale will be held on trust for you. Provided that you have paid all sums due to us, you shall give Melbourne Autos at least 7 days’ notice of your intention to remove any item from the premises, which removal may only take place during normal working hours of 09:00 to 16:00 or otherwise by agreement with us.
- Melbourne Autos does not insure individual items and responsibility for maintaining insurance in respect of any item deposited with Melbourne Autos shall at all times remain solely with you, the item owner. We strongly recommend that you maintain a storage insurance policy for fire, theft, accidental damage in store and any other risks as you may require to be insured against. Melbournr Autos does not accept, and you agree and understand that Melbourne Autos does not accept any liability for destruction, damage or loss to the objects contained within the item presented for storage howsoever caused.
- You are strongly advised to maintain insurance cover for the item throughout the time that it is in storage with us. We are not and will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or destruction of any item whilst in the control of a third party provided that you have requested or implicitly agreed with the relevant procedure or service being provided by a third party over which Melbourne Autos has no control. Melbourne Autos shall have no responsibility or liability for any malfunction or failure (including but not limited to mechanical and electrical issues) directly or indirectly resulting from the item being in storage or occurring thereafter. Melbourne Autos shall be relieved of its contractual obligations to the extent that their performance is prevented by or the non-performance results wholly or partly, directly or indirectly from anyact, neglect or default of the item owner including any breach by you of these Terms of Business or non-payment, or by storm, flood, fire, explosion, breakdown or unavailability of plant and/or machinery, riot, civil disturbance, industrial dispute, labour disturbance or cause beyond our reasonable control.
- You shall pay interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% per annum above the Bank of England’s base rate.
- Minimum storage period is one month
- Tariffs are NOT subject to VAT
- We never pass on any customer information to any third party
- Melbourne Autos is a secure facility, therefore, access is by prior appointment only. If you arrive on site without an appointment we may not be able to accommodate you.
- Payment may be made in cash, bank card or cheque.
- Payment for any additional services will be invoiced seperately.
- Prices maybe subject to change – if so, one month’s notice will be given.
- Twenty four hours notice is required for removal of the items
- By placing an item with Melbourne Autos it is agreed you accept the terms and conditions
- It is up to the owner to arrange insurance for items in storage at our premises.
- The service is not intended for use by minors and no one under 18 years of age is permitted to enter into a contractual arrangement with us. By using the Melbourne Autos services, you confirm that you are over 18 years of age. These Terms of Business do not create or intend to create an agency, partnership, joint venture or any other such relationship between us. Melbourne Autos may assign or transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms of Business without your prior consent, provided such assignment or transfer is on the same or equivalent terms to the relevant third party. In the event that any of the provisions of these Terms of Business are held to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. When the item is presented for storage, no explosive or dangerous articles may be deposited in the item and the item shall be in such condition so as not to cause damage or injury or the likelihood of damage or injury to the Melbourne Autos storage facility, to any other vehicles or to any Melbourne Autos employees, contractors or workers and you agree to indemnify Melbourne Autos against any loss or damage we may suffer as a result of breach of this term and you agree to pay all costs and expenses incurred in, and our reasonable charges for, dealing with the breach and its consequences. Whilst every effort will be made to give your item the prescribed maintenance on the due day we reserve the right to be flexible in regard to the operation of the maintenance schedule. These Terms of Business are governed by the laws of England. If you have a dispute please do contact us before taking any action and we will try to resolve issues with you; however, if we and you cannot do so then you agree the courts of England will have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising under these Terms of Business.
- If you do not agree to these Terms of Business you must not use our service. We may revise the terms of these Terms of Business from time to time by amending and posting a new version of these Terms of Business (or any of our policies) online. It is your responsibility to check the Terms of Business. Where we have entered into a contractual arrangement with one another in respect of the item storage services, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of any changes to the Terms of Business and your continued use of the service will denote your acceptance of the updated Terms of Business, as they are binding on you.
Any other questions?
If so, please dont hesitate to ring, email or use our online contact form